Cauliflower Tacos with fresh Mango Salsa
This zingy vegetarian taco recipe is perfect for the summer months as either a snack or main meal. There are lots of options to amend this recipe so it will never get boring.
12 Corn Tortillas (warmed)
1 whole cauliflower
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup Breadcrumbs
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
¼ tsp. Cayenne
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 Mango cut into pieces
2 tbsp. Lime Juice
1 tbsp. Coriander (chopped coarsely)
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ red onion (finely chopped)
1 Jalapeño (de-seed if you would like to reduce spice)
Optional additional topping
60 ml low fat sour cream
- Heat Oven to 230 Degrees
- Combine Salsa Ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a bowl whisk coconut milk, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt, and cumin.
- In another bowl, prep the breadcrumbs.
- Cut cauliflower into chunks and coat in coconut milk mix, then cover with bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Once coated, place cauliflower bites on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower bakes, mix the salsa ingredients together.
- After 22-25 minutes, remove cauliflower from the oven and assemble tacos with mango salsa and coriander, then serve.
There you have a fresh new look at using cauliflower with a cool Mexican twist. Don’t forget to share your plates with us on Facebook @RocheDiabetesCareUK.
The views expressed in the Accu-Chek blog are not necessarily those of Roche Diabetes Care Limited or our publishers. The content is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely - you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content. Although we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content is up to date, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.