What Does It Do?
The Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump system is designed for easy insulin therapy – even without any other devices. The pre-filled insulin cartridge and different infusion sets adds to your convenience. The very low basal rate is also suitable for your individual insulin needs.
What Are My Benefits?
- Sleek and modern design for comfort while wearing
- Pre-filled insulin cartridge means no need to fill by hand
- A variety of cannula and tubing lengths offer flexible options for wearing the pump – you can decide what fits you best
- Very low basal rate to suit individual insulin needs, even for children
- Various bolus options and the ability to run boluses in parallel
Why should I Choose It?
If you are more the classic type, don’t need the latest gadgets or are doing just fine without any additional digital devices in your life.
Then you can simply use the Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump on its own. Classic, easy and intuitive, just like you!
What Else Should I Know?
- All data can be downloaded via Accu-Chek Smart Pix software
- You can use it along side the mySugr® app smartphone for extra benefits, such as an easy accessible Open Bolus Advisor†* with the clinically proven Accu-Chek Bolus advice algorithm1,2.
No need to carry additional devicesBeautiful on its own.
THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
Not sure if the Classic is the right option for you? Check out other ways you can incorporate the Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump into your diabetes therapy.
- 72 x 52 x 16 mm without adapter
- 84 x 52 x 19 mm with adapter
Approximately 115 g (including battery, full cartridge and infusion set)
38 x 15 mm without zoom button, 220 x 80 pixel
- Shock/scratch-resistant plastic
- Resistant to pharmaceuticals
- All edges rounded
- Backside metal
Operation: +5 °C to +37 °C (+41°F to +99 °F)
Operation: 20% to 90%
Operation: 50 to 106 kPa (500 to 1060 mbar)
- One 1.5-volt AAA Alkaline (LR03) or Lithium (FR06) battery
- Batteries should have a minimum capacity of 1200 mAh. Do not use carbon zinc or nickel cadmium (NiCd) batteries
Minimum = 0.02 U/h , Maximum = 25 U/h E.g. Below 0.19 U/h, delivery is close dependent. 0.19 U/h and above delivery every 3 mins
- Maximum bolus amount per delivery is 25 U
- Standard, Extended and Multiwave Boluses, are adjustable in increments of:
- 0.05 U (up to 2.0 U)
- 0.1 U (2-5 U)
- 0.2 U (5-10 U)
- 0.5 U (10-20 U)
- 1.0 U (20-25 U)
- Duration of Extended and Multiwave Boluses are adjustable in intervals of 15 minutes up to 24 hours
- Multiple boluses can run in parallel
- Adjustable in 10% increments, from 0 - 250%
- Duration is adjustable in 15 minute intervals, up to a maximum of 24 hours
- Last duration programmed is the default setting for the next Temporary Basal Rate
- Very slow = 3 U/min
- Slow = 6 U/min
- Standard = 12 U/min
- Moderate = 9 U/min
350 kPa (3500 bar)
≤ 0.5 U in case of failure of the pump it would give an alarm and go into the stop mode after an over or under delivery of max. 0.8 U (normative requirement)
160 U, Glass Cartridges (Pre-filled):
- Medium basal rate, 1.0 U/h: ≤ 2.2 h
- Minimum basal rate, 0.02 U/h: max 144 h due to tubing/cartridge change
There are two types of data storage capacities:
- Data with time and date are safely stored in memory for about 1 hour after the battery has been removed
- Other insulin pump settings and the event memory are saved, regardless of battery power level and period of time the insulin pump has been without power
Pre-filled 1.6 ml cartridge also available
Bluetooth® wireless technology
IPX8 - Protected against the effects of temporary immersion in water under standardised conditions (1.3 m/4.3 ft for 60 minutes) ex-factory
- Alert system
- Information on the display
- Dual microprocessors
- The Insulin pump is controlled by two microprocessors. The safety concept is based on one processor (supervisor processor) supervising the other (main processor)
- Whenever a defect or fault occurs in the main processor, it is identified by the supervising microprocessor. The motor is immediately switched off and an "Error E7: ELECTRONIC ERROR" occurs. Conversely, the main processor can also determine, at any time, whether the supervisor is working correctly
- The motor constitutes another important safety component. In combination with the main and supervisor processors, the brushless motor provides the best possible reliability and accuracy in insulin delivery
† The mySugr Bolus Advisor is an open platform, therefore is not restricted to users of Accu-Chek blood glucose monitoring systems.
*The use of the mySugr app with bolus calculator has not been evaluated for use in under 18’s and therefore is not intended for use in this population. The mySugr logbook is licenced for people with diabetes over the age of 16 years.
1. Zisser H et al. Clinical Performance of Three Bolus Calculators in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Head-to-Head-to-Head Comparison. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 2010;12(12):955-961
2. McDaniel et al. Differences in Management of Postprandial Hyperglycaemia by Automated Bolus Calculators (ABCs) is Due to Distinct Insulin on Board Algorithms [abstract]. 2nd International ATTD Conference, Geneva. 2009:A237