Roche Diabetes Care promotes healthy lifestyle digital programme
1 March 2019
- The OurPath programme encourages behavioural change to enable sustainable weight loss through healthier lifestyle choices
- Thousands of people in the UK and Ireland have joined the 3-month programme since the partnership between Roche Diabetes Care and OurPath formed in 2017
- Digital programme includes health coaching, group support and structured education content delivered via a smartphone app
Roche Diabetes Care has partnered with OurPath since October 2017 to promote OurPath’s healthy lifestyle programme throughout the UK and Ireland. With a shared ambition to empower people to make sustainable changes for the long-term, the partnership formed, and the programme was made available to the public across the UK and Ireland.
Since then, thousands of people have chosen to invest in changing their lifestyles and have signed up to the 3-month digital programme; with ‘excellent’ reviews from over 450 satisfied customers and an overall ‘Trustscore’ of 9.8/10 on independent review platform Trustpilot. There are many claiming to have benefitted from this innovative programme, successfully reaching their own weight loss goals and building healthier habits.1
Qualified nutrition experts at the core of the programme
The 3-month programme draws on the latest behavioural change science and combines a variety of elements including health coaching, peer-to-peer support and structured education to help provide clinically significant weight loss results in a real-world setting.2 All of which is delivered in a novel and convenient way via an app, making it easily accessible to anyone with a smartphone.
All OurPath health coaches are qualified nutritionists or registered dietitians. The recipes and advice provided on the programme have been developed by a team of UK-based registered dietitians with a focus on building healthier meals using proteins, vegetables and healthy fats while reducing the intake of processed foods and added sugars. The programme content promotes positive mindset shifts and addresses a range of important health topics including nutrition, sleep, physical activity, and stress management.
“It’s very rewarding being part of a successful programme which supports people to develop healthy lifestyles in a safe and sensible manner. I thoroughly enjoy providing people with the knowledge and skills they need to improve their health and encouraging them to reach their goals whilst enjoying their lifestyles”.
OurPath coach Mel Hudson, a Registered Nutritionist with a specialism in Nutritional Science
Lifestyle intervention can reduce diabetes development
It is estimated that 12.3 million people are at an increased risk of developing Type 2 diabetes in the UK,3 but research demonstrates successful lifestyle intervention can significantly reduce diabetes development.4
OurPath is a service provider to the NHS, most notably as part of the Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme across a few locations around the UK. The programme is backed by leading experts on the science of sustained weight loss5,6 and has been delivered to hundreds of people living with Type 2 diabetes in 6 Clinical Commissioning Groups across north-west London, helping them to lose weight and reduce their HbA1c.7
- 462 ‘excellent’ reviews on Trustpilot. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ourpath.co.uk [accessed 22.02.2019]
- The Future Healthcare Journal reported 8.2% weight loss at six months for the service evaluation of a digital behavioural change programme [accessed 24.01.18]
- Diabetes UK Facts & Stats 2017. https://www.diabetes.org.uk/resources-s3/2019-02/1362B_Facts%20and%20stats%20Update%20Jan%202019_LOW%20RES_EXTERNAL.pdf [accessed 28.02.2019]
- Long-terms effects of lifestyle intervention or metformin on diabetes development and microvascular complications over 15-year follow-up: the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2015. (3): 866-75. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(15)00291-0
- NHS DPP digital stream. https://www.england.nhs.uk/diabetes/digital-innovations-to-support-diabetes-outcomes/nhs-diabetes-prevention-programme-digital-stream/ [accessed 24.01.18]
- An Expert Reference Group has been formed to guide the development and implementation of the NHS DPP. https://www.england.nhs.uk/diabetes/diabetes-prevention/exp-ref-grp/ [accessed 24.01.18]
- https://www.healthiernorthwestlondon.nhs.uk/sites/nhsnwlondon/files/documents/diabetes_health_apps_report_26th_march_2018_0.pdf [accessed 25.02.2019]