Italian ricotta and cherry tomato pizza recipe
The thought of pizza might automatically make you think of an indulgent high carb and high fat treat meal but this ricotta and cherry tomato pizza recipe is different. Follow this simple 4 step recipe and enjoy the tastes of Italy guilt free.
Ingredients (10 slices):
- 300 g pizza crust (10 oz)
- 10 g chopped fresh basil (1/2 c)
- 5 ml olive oil (1 t)
- 114 g ricotta cheese
- 75 g greated parmesan cheese (2 t)
- 240 g cherry tomatoes, halved (1/2 lb) olive oil cooking spray, freshly ground black pepper
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F). Place pizza crust on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine basil and olive oil. Spread over crust. In another bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Crumble over the basil.
- Place the tomato halves on top. Spray with cooking spray and top with fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked but still keep their shape. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional values per slice:
- Calories 143 kcal
- Protein 4 g
- Fat 5 g
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Sodium 133 mg
The views expressed in the Accu-Chek blog are not necessarily those of Roche Diabetes Care Limited or our publishers. The content is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely - you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content. Although we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content is up to date, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Recipe provided by OnTrack Diabetes, a leading resource for practical tips on managing diabetes: www.ontrackdiabetes.com..