Free access to mySugr Pro diabetes management app for all adults with diabetes in the UK & Ireland at time of crisis
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented challenge for the health system, necessitating new ways of working. As a company, we wish to offer our support by providing a year’s free access for all adults with diabetes to our diabetes management app, mySugr Pro, to help both patients and clinicians.
Free access to mySugr Pro (usually £20.99 per person per year) will help improve the experience of digital / telephone appointments for people with diabetes by providing blood glucose monitoring information remotely. mySugr is already used by more than 2 million registered users worldwide and the Pro version has valuable additional features to enable people living with diabetes to better self-manage their condition.
This offer, valid until end 1st October 2020, supports the recently published NHS England guide ‘to continue the proper management of people with diabetes while protecting resources for the response to coronavirus’.
People with diabetes can download the mySugr app to their smartphone and unlock the Pro version using the activation code. Healthcare professionals do not need to install any software and need only provide an email address for people with diabetes to send PDF reports to.
Please visit our website: www.accu-chek.co.uk/mysugroffer to find:
- The activation code
- Quick guides and videos on how to use mySugr Pro and interpret the PDF reports generated
- All further updates on our response to the coronavirus situation including extension of warranties for Accu-Chek insulin pumps
How mySugr Pro can help: key features
- It "unlocks" features, such as a possibility to create a PDF report and share it with a healthcare team via email. This will allow patients to receive advice remotely without needing to come into the practice or use a particular data management solution or PC. Everything can be done on a smartphone
- mySugr Pro supports blood sugar reminders, which might be useful at times when patients need to monitor their condition with more attention
- mySugr Pro offers an option to add images and tags to the entry so that the user can also use the tool for the tracking of the meal plan/ diet and to see the impact food or drink has on BG levels
- Access to the bolus advisor. mySugr bolus advisor for those who carb count (how to set it up)
- Search function. With the tags added to the entries, users can search for a particular event/meal and use this a reference in the decision-making process.
- mySugr app is able to calculate estimated HbA1c so that there are no surprises for a person with diabetes when they make a test in 3 months’ time (in order to get the eHbA1c user needs to be testing 3 times a day over 7 days, see more here)