Last updated: May 2018
Other applicable terms
Information about us
www.accu-chek.co.uk and www.accu-chek.ie are sites operated by Roche Diabetes Care Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09055599 and have our registered office and main trading address at Charles Avenue, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 9RY, United Kingdom. Our VAT number in the UK is GB189655151 and in the Republic of Ireland it is IE3290520FH.
We are regulated by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the Health Products Regulatory Authority in the Republic of Ireland.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Account and password security
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us, contact us here.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights within our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site (if applicable).
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status, and that of any identified contributors, as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Any other reproduction, retransmission or other use is strictly prohibited. Please contact us to request for permission to reproduce any information contained on this site.
Save where explicitly stated otherwise, all mentioned trademarks are owned by or licensed to a member of the Roche group.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- access, use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you.
We welcome any information regarding inaccuracies or faults discovered on the site; please contact us with such information.
You must ensure that any personal information that you supply to us is correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you have supplied to us; this can be done by contacting us or by updating your details by logging on to My Accu-Chek.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use terms which can be found below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to, and indemnify us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and employees and hold them harmless for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you licence to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use terms which can be found below.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Rights you licence
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us, our affiliates and third parties working on our behalf the following licenses:
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user generated content:
- to incorporate such material into other works in any format or medium known or later developed;
- in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media; and
- to promote the site and our services.
Such licences remain in place until they are deleted by the user from the site at such point they shall expire.
Handling of material on the site
We reserve the right to remove any material on the site at any time.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page and/or any other of our sites’ pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site may be framed on another site provided that you seek our prior written approval of the framing by contacting us.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice and are not liable to you for any loss that you suffer as a result of such links.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use terms which can be found below.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information and convenience only and do not signify that we endorse such third party websites. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and you acknowledge and agree that: (i) we are not responsible for such websites, including the terms on which such websites are made available and the privacy policies of such websites, and we do not control their content or availability; (ii) we make no representation, warranty or condition, either express or implied, in relation to any goods or services or information received from such websites; and (iii) if you access any such websites, you do so entirely at its own risk.
No offer and no solicitation
The information provided on this website does not constitute an offer of or solicitation for the purchase or disposal of, trading or any transaction in any Roche securities. Investors must not rely on this information for investment decisions.
This page may contain forward-looking information. Such information is subject to a variety of significant uncertainties, including scientific, business, economic and financial factors, and therefore actual results may differ significantly from those presented.
Intended Country Audience
This website contains information on products which is targeted to a wide range of audiences and could contain product details or information otherwise not accessible or valid in your country. Please be aware that we do not take any responsibility for accessing such information which may not comply with any valid legal process, regulation, registration or usage in the country of your origin.
These terms set out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with these terms.
You may use our sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our sites:
- In any way that breaches (whether intentionally or unintentionally) any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or other telecommunications equipment.
- To process personal data about others.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our sites in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use set out above.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our sites;
- any equipment or network on which our sites are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our sites, including, without limitation:
- Promotional offers,
- interactive tools to determine suitability of blood glucose meters,
- member accounts.
(together referred to as "interactive services").
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our sites, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our sites, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
While our sites are directed at adults, the use of any of our interactive services by a minor under 16 years of age is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our sites and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "spam", "junk mail", "chain letters" or any other forms of solicitation.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our sites. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these terms constitutes a material breach of the terms of website use set out above upon which you are permitted to use our sites, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our sites.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our sites.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
To contact us, please follow this link.
Thank you for visiting our site.