Velvety chocolate mousse
Whether you are hosting friends or family, or want to treat yourself to a dessert, this simple chocolate mousse recipe uses avocado and banana to create a lower calorie, chocolatey treat that still satisfies those sweet cravings.
Per serving: energy 214kcal • protein 3.1g • fat 14.6g • saturated fat 3.8g • carbohydrate 18.3g • sugar 15.8g • fibre 4.7g • salt 0.2g • GI medium
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 150g (5 oz) ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp clear honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 50g (2 oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Halve the avocados, remove the stones, and scoop the flesh out into a food processor.
- Add the banana, honey or syrup, vanilla extract or paste and cocoa powder and blend together, scraping the mixture down the sides of the bowl once or twice during blending, until very smooth.
- Chill if you wish, then spoon into bowls or cups and serve.
Adding a tablespoon or two of cold water will give you a slighter lighter mousse. Serve each portion topped with 50g (2 oz) black cherries, sliced figs, strawberries or raspberries, if you wish.
* The nutritional values for each recipe are estimates only and may vary depending on brand of ingredients used and natural biological variations in the composition of natural foods.
The views expressed in the Accu-Chek blog are not necessarily those of Roche Diabetes Care Limited. The content is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely – you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content. Although we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content is up to date, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.