Accu-Chek Active product support
The Accu-Chek Active offers easy-to-learn blood glucose testing with a simple two button navigation and large display.
- Easy handling - just two buttons and a large display
- Clever functionality to help you better manage diabetes
- Built-in safety features ensure simple, hassle-free testing
How to use the Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter
Ensure hands are clean and dry.
Take a test strip from the vial and close it immediately. The meter turns on automatically after inserting the test strip into the test strip guide in the direction of the arrows.
After a short display check and code number confirmation (it should correspond with the code on the vial), the test strip and flashing blood drop symbols appear on the display. Apply drop of blood on the test area and remove finger. Obtain results after 5 seconds.
The meter turns off automatically by removing the test strip. The result is stored in the memory with date and time.
Visual back-up of test results
Check round coloured control window on the back of the test strip.
Compare the colour of this window with coloured dots on label of test strip vial for confirmation of the device reading. However, only test results displayed by the meter should be used.
|Display:||96 segments LCD display with symbols|
|Auto power off:||30 or 90 seconds according to operating status|
|Battery life:||Approximately 1000 tests or one year|
|Battery:||1 battery, type CR 2032|
|Sample size:||1 - 2 µL|
|Measuring principle:||Photometric end-point|
|Measuring range:||0.6 mmol/L – 33.3 mmol/L|
|Storage conditions:||Without battery: -25°C to +70°C (-13°F to +158°F)|
|Memory capacity:||Up to 500 measurements with date and time|
|Test averages:||7, 14, 30, 90 days|
|Altitude independence:||0 - 4000m (0 - 13123 feet)|
|Dimensions:||97.8 x 46.8 x 19.1mm|
|Data transfer:||Via USB interface (with Micro-USB cable)|
Keep batteries out of reach of children
- Choking hazard. Small parts. Keep away from children under the age of 3 years.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. Ingestion or insertion into the body may cause chemical burns, perforation of soft tissues and death. Severe burns may occur within 2 hours of swallowing. If you think a battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek medical attention immediately.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. Contact the Accu-Chek Customer Careline on 0800 701 000 (UK) or 1 800 709 600 (ROI).