Accu-Chek Aviva Nano product support
The Accu-Chek Aviva Nano is no longer available. For upgrade options, visit our 'Which Meter is right for you?' tool or contact the Accu-Chek Customer Careline for further advice.
How to use the Accu-Chek Aviva Nano blood glucose meter
- Ensure hands are clean and dry.
- Insert a test strip into the meter. Test strip and blood drop symbols appear on the display.
- Use the Accu-Chek FastClix finger pricker to obtain a drop of blood. Please see the Accu-Chek FastClix product support page for information on how to use the finger pricker.
- Touch the drop of blood to the front edge of the yellow window on the test strip – do not apply blood to the top of the test strip or to the top of the yellow window. A flashing hourglass indicates enough blood has been applied.
- The result appears on the display.
In addition to fingertip testing, the Accu-Chek Aviva Nano blood glucose monitoring system can be used for testing on alternate sites, including the palm, forearm, upper arm, thigh or calf. Alternate site testing requires the use of a special lancet cap. Talk with your healthcare professional before deciding if alternate site testing is right for you.
Accu-Chek Aviva Nano Frequently Asked Questions
Accu-Chek Aviva Nano meter Error Codes
Accu-Chek Aviva Nano technical specifications
|Display:||LCD with auto backlight|
|Automatic power:||90 seconds
|Power supply:||(2) 3V lithium batteries (CR2032)|
|Battery life:||Approximately 1000 tests|
|System operating conditions:||8°C to 44°C (46°F to 111°F)|
|Meter storage conditions:||-25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)|
|Relative humidity operating range:||10% - 90%|
|Memory capacity:||500 results with time and date|
|Dimensions:||69 x 43 x 20 mm (L x W x H)|
|Weight:||Approximately 40g with batteries|
|Data port:||Infrared (IR) window|
|Test averages:||7, 14, 30, and 90 day with pre and post meal averages|
|Other features:||Hypo indicator, pre- and post-meal markers, 4 customisable test reminders, general marker, post-meal reminder, auto control ID|
Keep batteries out of reach of children
- Choking hazard. Small parts. Keep away from children under the age of 3 years.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. Ingestion or insertion into the body may cause chemical burns, perforation of soft tissues and death. Severe burns may occur within 2 hours of swallowing. If you think a battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek medical attention immediately.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. Contact the Accu-Chek Customer Careline on 0800 701 000 (UK) or 1 800 709 600 (ROI).