Accu-Chek Aviva product support
A sleek design with a large, easy-to-read display and easy to handle test strips, the Accu-Chek Aviva meter offers a comfortable, discreet choice for blood glucose testing.
- No set-up required. There is no initial set-up required and as the meter does not require coding, it is ready to use straight out of the box.
- Pre and post meal test reminders. The user can set up to 4 automatic reminders for different times throughout the day, to help remember when to test.
- Battery backup. An additional small battery in the meter keeps the time and memory for up to 72 hours when the main battery is removed or out of power.
How to use the Accu-Chek Aviva blood glucose meter
- Ensure hands are clean and dry.
- Insert a test strip into the meter. Test strip and blood drop symbols appear on the display.
- Use the Accu-Chek FastClix finger pricker to obtain a drop of blood. Please see the Accu-Chek FastClix product support page for information on how to use the finger pricker.
- Touch the drop of blood to the front edge of the yellow window on the test strip – do not apply blood to the top of the test strip or to the top of the yellow window. A flashing hourglass indicates enough blood has been applied.
- The result appears on the display.
In addition to fingertip testing, the Accu-Chek Aviva blood glucose monitoring system can be used for testing on alternate sites, including the palm, forearm, upper arm, thigh or calf. Alternate site testing requires the use of a special lancet cap. Talk with your healthcare professional before deciding if alternate site testing is right for you.
Accu-Chek Aviva Downloads
Please login to download any of the reference material below.
Accu-Check Aviva Frequently Asked Questions
Accu-Chek Aviva Error Codes
Choose an error
Accu-Chek Aviva technical specifications
|Auto power off:||After 2 minutes undisturbed with strip inserted, or if powered on but left undisturbed for 2 minutes
|Sample size:||0.6 µL|
|Power supply:||One 3-volt lithium battery (type CR2032)|
|Battery life:||Approximately 1000 readings|
|Measurement time:||Approximately 5 seconds|
|System operating conditions:||8°C to 44°C (46°F to 111°F)|
|Meter storage conditions:||-25°C to +70°C (-13°F to +158°F)|
|Memory:||Up to 500 total results, plus 20 control tests|
|Dimensions:||94mm L x 52mm H x 21 mm D|
|Weight:||59 g with battery|
|Data transfer:||Infrared (IR)|
|Test averages:||7, 14, 30 and 90 days|