Complete diabetes management that fits in the palm of your hand
Do more of the things you love, without worries, thanks to the Accu-Chek Combo insulin pump system.
The Accu-Chek Combo insulin pump system couples a handset with an insulin pump to bring you a level of freedom that fits your lifestyle better. It’s completely discreet, customisable to your needs and simple to use - and it fits in the palm of your hand.
More about the Accu-Chek Combo insulin pump system
- Interactive two-way communication - information flows between the handset and the insulin pump automatically or on command, as appropriate.
- Two-way Bluetooth® communication between the insulin pump and handset - with the Accu-Chek Aviva Combo handset, you have full remote control over pump functionality, you can quickly and discreetly deliver a bolus, and you have full visibility of pump status and activity. All of this is available on one device, in the palm of your hand so there is no need to touch the pump.
- Built-in bolus advisor on the Accu-Chek Aviva Combo handset - Quick, easy and discreet bolus delivery with assistance from a fully customisable bolus advisor.
- Data transfer option - with the Accu-Chek 360° software. Flexibility of data transfer to a computer fits your needs, capabilities and requirements.
- Preset and customisable reminders, warnings and error messages for glucose level excursions, blockages in tubing and more - to support you in managing your daily pump therapy.
Accu-Chek Combo handset features and benefits
- Full-colour display - with a colour display, graph clarity is enhanced and key items are highlighted.
- Discretion and convenience when delivering an insulin dose - wirelessly send your bolus within 2 metres (6.5 feet) of the pump via Bluetooth®
- Easy to use menu - intuitively designed menu helps you to quickly navigate to the correct menu item and allows you to understand the features in more detail as you get more comfortable with pump therapy
- Integrated bolus advisor - straightforward and intuitive bolus advice from blood glucose measurement to insulin delivery.
- Customisable reminders - you can set reminders for infusion set changes, doctor and lab visits, retesting after meals and out-of-range blood glucose readings.
- Confidence - you don’t have to keep track of everything in your head, by programming reminders into the system.
- Discretion—you don’t have to get the pump out to view and act on reminders
Handset technical specifications
|Dimensions:||94 x 55 x 25 mm (3.7 x 2.1 x 1 in)|
|Weight:||approximately 103 grams (3.6 oz) with batteriescell|
colour dot matrix
3 AAA alkaline batteries
System operating conditions:
see Accu-Chek Aviva test strip package insert
Meter storage conditions:
10°C to 50°C with batteries inserted
Relative humidity operating range:
1000 diary records
infrared (IR) window to download to information management solutions
7, 14, 30, 60, 90 days
Accu-Chek Combo pump features and benefits
- Customisable insulin pump menus - 3 menus (standard, advanced, custom) on the pump to allow you to learn about your Accu-Chek Spirit Combo insulin pump step by step and customise it for daily use
- IPX8 waterproof rating (2.5 meters/8 feet, 60 minutes) when leaving factory. Ex-factory pump rated for accidental contact with water- Roche guarantees protection against brief accidental water contact, such as rain, water splashes or accidental immersion
- Tactile buttons - allow for confident and discreet bolus delivery even when the handset is not available. The pump can be operated from under clothing using the buttons.
- 315 U insulin reservoir capacity - convenient, easy-to-fill cartridge saves time with less frequent reservoir filling.
- A small hourly basal rate (0.05 U/hr) - delivered in small pulses over the entire hour.
Insulin pump technical specifications
Approximately 82.5 x 56 x 21 mm (3.2 x 2.2 x 0.8 inches) without adapter
During operation: 5°C–40°C (41°F–104°F)
Air humidity (relative humidity):
During operation: 20%–90%
During operation: 70–106 kPA (700–1060 mbar) (do not exceed 3000 meters [10,000 feet] above sea level)
Minimum = 0.05 U/h, maximum. = 50 U/h. There are 24 hourly basal rates, adjustable in unit increments of 0.01 (up to 1.00 U/h), 0.05 (up to 10.0 U/h) and 0.1 (up to 50.0 U/h).
|Temporary basal rate:||Adjustable in 10% increments, 0%–90% (decreases), 110%–500% (increases). The duration is adjustable in 15-minute intervals, up to a maximum of 12 hours. The last programmed duration is given by default for the next temporary basal rate change programmed.|
|Maximum pressure:||400 kPa (4.0 bar), for plastic cartridges and infusion sets|
|Flow (delivery rate):||During infusion-set priming and bolus: 0.2 U/sec.|
|Data transfer:||Infrared interface|
|Water tightness:||IPX 8—protected against the effects of temporary immersion in water under standardized conditions (60 minutes and 2.5 meters [8 feet])|
|Power supply:||1 1.5-volt AA alkaline (LR6) or lithium (FR6) battery or 1 1.2-volt rechargeable NiMH AA (HR6) battery. Batteries should have a minimum capacity of 2500 mAh. Use only a battery charger officially recommended by the battery manufacturer.|
|Data storage time:||The time and date are safely stored in the memory for about 1 hour after the battery has been removed. Other insulin pump settings (the hourly basal rates, remaining cartridge content, bolus increments and active user menu) and the event memory (bolus history, history of daily insulin totals, temporary basal rate history, and alarm history) are saved, regardless of battery voltage and the time your insulin pump has been without a battery.|
|Cartridges:||Accu-Chek Spirit 3.15 ml cartridge system and Accu-Chek 3.15 ml plastic cartridge with a luer-lock connection. Insuman cartridges*** have been evaluated and approved for use with the Accu-Chek Spirit Combo insulin pump.|
|Infusion sets:||Accu-Chek infusion sets with a luer-lock connector. (Accu-Chek infusion sets are PVC and latex free.)|
|Safety systems:||Alert system, beeps, information on the display, vibrations, and dual microprocessors. The insulin pump is controlled by two microprocessors. The safety concept is based on one processor (supervisor processor) supervising the other (main processor). Whenever a defect or fault occurs in the main processor, it is identified by the supervisor processor. The motor is immediately switched off and an “Error E7: ELECTRONIC ERROR” occurs. Conversely, the main processor can also determine at any time whether the supervisor is working correctly. The motor also constitutes an important safety component, as the combination of the main and supervisor processor and brushless motor provides the best possible reliability and accuracy in insulin delivery.|
*** INSUMAN INFUSAT is a registered trademark of Sanofi S.A.