Accu-Chek Testing in Pairs tool
You’ll see the difference with before-and-after monitoring. Testing in Pairs is a paper tool designed to help you see changes in your blood sugar before and after a specific meal, exercise, or other event. Use it regularly to discover how things in your daily routine can affect your blood sugar.
No day with diabetes is ever the same, the Accu-Chek Testing in Pairs tool can be used to analyse meals, activity, stress and other events:
- Food and drinks- how does a certain food or alcohol affect your blood sugar?
- Exercise- how do certain activities affect you?
- Daily life- if you try to reduce stress, do you notice a difference?
Think about simple steps you can take, such as changing serving sizes, having a walk after dinner etc.
How it works:
- Start with a simple question and log your blood sugar results to see what is happening for you.
- Each day, check your blood sugar before the meal or activity, and write the number in the 'Before' column. Check it again at a specific time after the meal or activity, and write it in the 'After' column.
- In the 'Change' column, note the difference in your blood sugar.
Talk to your Healthcare Professional about any queries you have as a result of using the tool- it can be a great basis to discuss your diabetes therapy.
- Download Accu-Chek Testing in Pairs - template only (PDF, 54 kb)
- Download Accu-Chek Testing in Pairs - template + instructions (PDF, 197 kb) (PDF, 54 kb)
The mySugr app will be your best companion to monitor, control and manage your diabetes. All of your medical information is on your smartphone and ready to be used! Stay in charge of your health, monitor your diet, manage your insulin intake, avoid hypers/hypos and have control of your health every day. You can also download and share reports with your Healthcare Professional.Find out more
Use these diary templates to record your blood glucose measurements, your medical doses and any comments you want to keep.
Accu-Chek 360° View tool
If you prefer a paper tool, Accu-Chek 360° View allows you to record your carb/meal size, insulin, energy levels, any activity and your blood glucose over a period of three days to spot patterns.Find out more