At Accu-Chek, we believe that you shouldn't have to plan your life around your diabetes. The Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump system lets you decide how to spend your time and makes it simple to accommodate sudden changes to your daily routine, allowing you to live an unrestricted life.
The Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump system is comprised of the Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump and Accu-Chek Insight handset. With its intuitive menu in the palm of your hand, the system offers a new level of ease of use. Its sleek design and Bluetooth capability give you ultimate discretion. Being easy to learn, this system is designed to inspire confidence in diabetes management.
More about the Accu-Chek Insight Insulin Pump
The Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump system is designed for easy and discreet insulin pump therapy. This system has been developed to inspire confidence in your diabetes management bringing together blood glucose monitoring, bolus advice, insulin delivery and data management.
- Sleek, modern design and a remote control function to fit into your life and provide complete discretion
- Intuitive menu with coloured touchscreen handset for improved handling, wherever you are
- Pre-filled cartridge of insulin - no need to fill cartridges by hand
Discover intuitive diabetes management that fits into your life.
Accu-Chek Insight handset features and benefits
Easy and intuitive for improved handling
- Full colour display with resistive touchscreen for a modern feel
- Simple on screen instructions for easy navigation
- Proven bolus advisor1–4 to help improve your glycaemic control
- Multiple reminders and warnings to give you peace of mind
- Full remote control of the pump via the handset - no need to get the pump out
- Personalised bolus advice adapted to your needs
- Electronic diary with full colour reports and graphs for data management on the go
Handset technical specifications
52 x 105 x 19 mm
Colour, dot matrix, touchscreen
System operating conditions:
See Accu-Chek Aviva test strip package insert
Meter storage conditions:
-10°C - 50°C (14°F - 122°F)
Relative humidity operating range:
2000 diary records
USB cable for downloading
Battery life (rechargeable):
Under standard usage, battery life lasts 3 days on average (based on 7 bG tests, bolus adjustments and total on time approximately 52 minutes)
Universal code key
Test average calculations are offered for 7/14/30/60/90 day intervals
Accu-Chek Insight pump features and benefits
Easy and intuitive for improved handling
- Pre-filled cartridges of insulin - no need to fill cartridges by hand
- Zoom function and coloured display so it is easier to read
- Simple on screen instructions for priming infusion sets and changing a cartridge
Safe and reliable to support diabetes management
- Various bolus options and the ability to run boluses in parallel to give you flexibility in managing your meals
- Very low basal rate to suit individual needs and particularly adapted to children
- Fast occlusion detection for added reassurance
Discreet and personal to individually adapt to daily life
- Sleek and modern design for more comfortable wearing
- A variety of cannula and tubing lengths for flexible wearing of the pump
- Variety of carry cases for a personal touch
Insulin pump technical specifications
72 x 52 x 16 mm without adapter 84 x 52 x 19 mm with adapter
Approximately 115 g (including battery, full cartridge and infusion set)
38 x 15 mm without zoom button, 220 x 80 pixel
Operation: +5 °C to +37 °C (+41°F to +99 °F)
Air humidity (relative humidity):
Operation: 20% to 90%
Operation: 50 to 106 kPa (500 to 1060 mbar)
Minimum = 0.02 U/h , maximum = 25 U/h e.g. Below 0.19 U/h, delivery is dose dependent. 0.19 U/h and above delivery every 3 minutes
Maximum bolus amount per delivery is 50 U (default 25U) Standard, extended and multiwave boluses are adjustable in increments of:
Temporary basal rate:
Bolus delivery rate:
350 kPa (3500 bar)
Maximum quantity delivered at a single fault condition:
≤ 0.5 U in case of failure of the pump it would give an alarm and go into the stop mode after an over or under delivery of max. 0.8 U (normative requirement)
Maximum time to occlusion alarm:
160 U, glass cartridges (pre-filled):
Data storage capacity:
There are two types of data storage capacities:
Pre-filled 1.6 ml cartridge also available
Accu-Chek Insight infusion sets with a proprietary adapter
Bluetooth® wireless technology
IPX8 - protected against the effects of temporary immersion in water under standardised conditions (1.3 m/4.3 ft for 60 minutes) ex-factory
Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump cases and accessories
A variety of cases and accessories to help carry your pump, including a sports belt designed to help carry the insulin pump during sport activities to elegant cases to discreetly store your insulin pump. To purchase any of the items shown, please contact the Pump Careline.
Accu-Chek Insight flip case
A flip case designed for the Accu-Chek Insight pump to be worn on the belt. This case comes with a choice of either adult or children's patterned inserts.
Accu-Chek Insight sports belt
This polyester belt can be worn over clothes or directly against the skin. It has a built-in pouch for the insulin pump and an additional zipped pouch which can be attached to the belt to carry a handset.
Leather insulin pump case
This black leather case has a loop allowing it to be worn on a belt. It has a simple and discreet design.
Elegant insulin pump case
This cream leather case has a loop allowing it to be worn on a belt. It has a simple and discreet design.
Insulin pump thigh pouch
Made of soft and stretchy material, this insulin pump pouch can be worn discreetly under your clothes. Available in 3 sizes (S,M,L) and in black or white.
Insulin pump bra pouch
Made of soft and stretchy material, this protective pouch attaches discreetly to bras. The simplicity of the design ensures maximum comfort. Available in black or white.
- Schöllkopf K et al. ‘The novel Accu-Chek® Insight insulin pump system – Step analysis of user-relevant routine tasks. Poster Session Diabetes Technology Meeting: 2013 Oct 31 – Nov 2: San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Cavan D et al, Use of insulin bolus advisor improves glycemic control in multiple daily injection (MDI) therapy patients with suboptimal glycemic control: First results from the ABACUS trial. Diabetes Care 2013; 36 (1): 3613-9.
- Barnard K et al. Use of an automated bolus calculator reduces fear of hypoglycemia and improves confidence in dosage accuracy in T1DM patients treated with multiple daily insulin injections. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2011; 6(1): 144 – 9.
- Zisser H et al. Clinical performance of three bolus calculators in subjects with type 1 diabetes mellitus: A head-to-head-to-head comparison. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2010; 12(12): 955 – 61.